The Contact Center ng Bayan (CCB) is a feedback mechanism designated as the government’s main helpdesk where citizens can request for information and assistance on government frontline service procedures, and report commendations, appreciation, complaints, and feedback.
The CCB was established by the Civil Service Commission and the Information and Communications Technology Office-National Computer Center (ICTO-NCC) to support the implementation of Republic Act No. 9485 or the Anti-Red Tape Act (ARTA) of 2007.
Features of the CCB
• Serves as a centralized contact point where all communications from the public may be routed, logged, responded to, and ultimately distributed to the different government agencies for proper handling and resolution, and follow through if necessary
• Data out of these communications can be collected, processed, and converted into useful information and reports to assist the government in performance evaluation and to seek improvement of its system of service delivery to the people.
The initial implementation of the CCB ran from September 27, 2012 until March 31, 2014. There were six participating agencies in the pilot run, namely:
• Civil Service Commission (CSC)
• National Computer Center (NCC)
• Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
• Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth)
• Department of Health (DOH)
• Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)
From the pilot run of the CCB, the CSC gained valuable data that served as inputs for ARTA implementation. For example, the targets for the 2014 Report Card Survey and ARTA Watch are based on the agencies with the most number of red tape-related complaints received through the CCB. The CSC’s Public Assistance and Information Office has initiated engagement with these agencies to further improve their frontline service delivery.
A number of success stories and commendations from clients on what the CCB has done to help them are also recorded. These stories are published in the CCB website and discussed over CSC’s radio program, Serbisyong Todo-Todo, aired via Radyo ng Bayan and simulcast over 32 stations nationwide every Wednesday, 11:00 am to 12:00 noon.
The number of participating agencies will soon increase to include the:
• Land Registration Authority (LRA)
• Social Security System (SSS)
• Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA)
The CCB may be reached via the following platforms:
• Hotline: 1-6565 accessible via PLDT and Smart landlines nationwide
• SMS/Text Access: 0908-8816565
• Website: www.contactcenterngbayan.gov.ph
• Facebook page: www.facebook.com/contactcenterngbayan
Alternatively, the CSC Public Assistance Center (PAC) offers the following feedback facilities:
• TextCSC: 0917-8398272
• Hotline: (02)932-0111
• Walk-in/personal visit to the PAC at Ground Floor, Civil Service Commission Central Office, Batasan Hills, Diliman, Quezon City